Saturday, December 8, 2007

Repetitions

Repetitions

“I see the green mountains,
lush landscape and all,
The mountains distant,
tops in misty clouds as I pass,
Away the cool breeze blows my hair,
And I see at the mass of humanity,

For a child’s mewling distracts me,
the mother I watch.
As a frown appears on her face,
she looks around,
To see a cause of her infant’s distress,
and looks around and awide,
Her frown largens, for she sees no cause,

She hugs him closer to her breast,
for her warmth may pacify him,
But the mewling infant goes on,
she looks around again,

But there hung frustration on faces,
surrounding, how does he know
Of the ways of the world,
and she covers herself,
But the infant does not heed,
anxious faces stare at her,

For a women’s body,
every women’s body, worth a peep.

She gives in finally,
and quenches his thirst,
With her milk, and she looks around,
nameless faces staring intently,

Intend for a women’s breast,
and she wonders angrily
Has shame left the world? Wondered she
Wondered I, when they had lain,
In their mother’s lap,
had they stared greedily
At the mother’s chest?
And she clung onto her infant,
And thought futilely,
“he won’t be like this.”



© 2006 T.Prabhakar. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: