Sunday, December 9, 2007

Hope

Hope


(1)

Something there is that I cannot say;
Neither could words fully do;
But felt in the deep corners of the heart;
A strange feeling that dare not I define,
Pleasant joy and happy recollections,
Above the pangs of separation.

(2)

But something there is that needs to be told,
Atleast it wants to be said,
For those o`powering passions of love,
That overflows by that very name,
And faint recollections of the moonlit face;
But is it love or is it lust?

(3)

Ahh! the pleasant joy of her company,
Anything for that jocund company,
When the hours trickle by,
Swift like the receding tide,
And must the rock and sea part,
Until the next tide.

(4)

Those moments of love few,
Does my heart treasure,
For renews my longing and love anew,
And waits for the tide to come,
The lonely rock, the wait has begun.
And grains of sand trickle by.

(5)

But these harrowing chains of mortal life,
And repugnant chains of social kind,
That keep us apart, that keep us apart!
Wonder I, the rock and the sea,
They shall never really meet;
For they be worlds apart.

(6)

Are we but the rock and the sea;
And shall only the tide bring joy?
Are we worlds apart;
And my tortured half-mind relents;
But the new year still far away;
And should it bring joy and peace.

(7)

And so I rest my case,
And all my foolish fears,
And leave the world long behind,
Where we are not one, and dwell I upon
In my world of dreams and love,
Where we are one for now, my love.


© 2006 T.Prabhakar. All Rights Reserved.






No comments: